Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Webstats are addicting

So, I decided that a free webcounter would be neat for this blog, but when I looked into it, most of them wanted to put their stupid little add links underneath them and I really didn't feel it was necessary to advertise cheap pharmaceuticals, penile enhancements, free ipod scams, online college diplomas, premium watches at discount prices or any of that crap . That link is tasteless, I know. Anyway, I finally found one that wouldn't inundate you with advertising called statcounter.com. Anyway, I will look into making the stats public so that all 5 of you that have already looked at my blog so far(hurray!) will be able to look at all those lovely web stats too.

In other news, the SLC opens to all students tomorrow . . .er . . . today(it's late) . . . . .on Nov. 23rd. Pretty soon(as early as the begginning of next month) Foot Patrol will be operating out of their new office. One Card access for 24hr access to the student lounge etc is in the works and I'll let you all know when it will be working as soon as possible.

For those of you who do not go Laurier, the SLC is the brand new building that the Wilfrid Laurier Univerty Students' Union(WLUSU) has just recently built. The building has three floors and includes: two student lounges, council chambers(a large board room), committee offices, bookable meeting rooms, multi-purpose programming space(think pub nights or dances and such), a coffee shop(soon), a computer lab, quiet study space, storage, and all this in the basement and ground floors. Upstairs we are renting space out to Student Services and Health Services with space for staff offices, counseling and medical examination rooms, distance ed. and special needs exam rooms etc. The SLC is so exciting because up until now all of WLUSU Brantford has operated out of a single office about the size of about 8 phone booths. That is easily 200 volunteers all trying to work out of a tiny space with practically no storage. So, a lot of people's bedrooms will become a lot less clutterred as they will be able to store the supplies used by their committee or club in the SLC. But probably not my room. I can clutter mine quite well on my own thanks. Anyway, I am going to be giving tours for a while tomorrow between 10-11:30am, feel free come by and visit.

If you hadn't noticed yet, I figured out how to hyperlink stuff and I'm keeping myself quite amused by linking to just about everything possible. Anyway, don't feel you have to follow every link I give you, often they will just be background info about something or something funny (if you have gotten this far and haven't clicked on the crap link, I would suggest against it). I promise never to put a link to tubgirl on here.

Anyway, back to the essay madness

Andrew

Comments:
Very addictive. More addictive when you become MSN'S SITE OF THE DAY!

But enough bragging. Why can't I see your stats? Is it not public viewing. I have all my stats private. I don't want you seeing my crap.

That's why my poo is private too!
 
Snow is coming to the UK as well *yay*

It will be caos cos the Brits DO NOT know how to handle snow.
 
Sorry Jodster, I fixed the link to my stats which is in the sidebar.

There isn't any poo on there yet, so no need to keep it private.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]