Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A second post? . . . .

Well never, I don't want you to get too used to this kind of strange behaviour, but I'm writing a you a second post in two days.

Today I went to get my hair cut. It was long, and hot. And it made my head swear a lot. It needed cut the same way you grass would if the last person who cut it didn't know the difference between the lawnmower and a brick of mouldy cheese. Yes, the last haircut I got was that bad. Well, this morning I went to Salon Papillon, the hairdresser's under Grayson's apartment. Yes, I do realize that the Butterfly Salon, and no I don't care that it sounds a little gay. The girl that owns the place did a good job so I will henceforth be supporting her over the more corporate and unpredictable first choice haircutters. While I was in the chair the sweat first notes of white snake's eye of the tiger drifted through my ears bringing to light visions of grey track suits and dripping sweat bands. My phone was ringing, but I was enjoying the good haircut and I was on a tight schedule, so not recognizing the Toronto number I set it to the answering machine and got on with the new do.

A couple minutes later, my ears nicely lowered and a local entrepreneur deservingly paid, I got into my car and was about to check my new message when the phone rang in my hand. I barely had time to answer the phone before my eyes started to mist over and I began to run in the spot. It was mom calling. I answered the phone and this is the conversation I had:

"Did you talk to THEM?"
"Umm, no . . .who?"
"The Chiropractic College . . ."
"No, I was about to check my messages and call whoever it was back when you called . . ."
"I gave you ten minutes after they called here! They wouldn't tell me anything!"
"I was in the chair and couldn't take the call, besides, I didn't recognize the number. I'll check my messages now and call them."
"Well stop talking to me and call them!"
"Ok, I'll call you back!"

Pretty exciting eh? Well, I called them and they are sending me an info package and acceptance letter tomorrow (later today actually . . ) but pretty much I am in pending a chest xray and TB test. Both of which I should pass. I sure hope I pass, well I don't see any reason why I wouldn't pass. . . .Anyway, my first tuition payment is due in about oh . . .three weeks. $10 000. Yes, you counted the correct number of zeros. I have about a third of that in the bank right now, so I'm going to be applying for OSAP ASAP. I'm also going to be trying to make the most commission possible over the next three weeks.

Shout outs go out to God, the folks, and all the people that have been praying for me to get in . . .it really means a lot to me. Thank you.

ciao

LL

Comments:
Yawn... whoa.. I fell asleep in July and just woke up. Did I miss anything?

Nope...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]